Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 Wi-Fi now can be updated to official T700XXU1BOD5 Lollipop firmware using the below simple instructions. Android Lollipop update brings material design UI and all that features we find in Lollipop OS smartphones.
If your region doesn’t received Android OTA firmware update or else if you can’t wait till the update arrives via Over-the-air, then here is the simple procedure to download and install the Lollipop OTA update on your Galaxy Tab S 8.4 Wi-Fi tablet.
Follow the below listed instructions to prepare your device for Android Lollipop update:
- This article is meant only for updating the Samsung Galaxy Tab S8.4 Wi-Fi. So confirm your device from Settings > About Device > SM-T700 model before installing the latest update.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers to PC.
- Make sure Samsung KIES and antivirus software is disabled on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging in Developer Options on your device.
- If your device has root access, it will be ruined with the update process. If any Custom Recovery installed on your device will be replaced with stock recovery.
- The battery charging level should be more than 70% to avoid any unnecessary power-offs between the update process.
After completion of above steps, now you can flash Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your Samsung tablet with the below procedure.
How to install Lollipop 5.0.2 T700XXU1BOD5 official firmware on Galaxy Tab S 8.4 Wi-Fi:
1. Download the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update zip on your PC.
2. Next, extract the contents and find a T700XXU1BOD5 tar.md5 file extension.
3. Download Odin3 V3.09 from here and extract its content on your PC.
4. Now Poweroff your tablet and follow our tutorial on How to install Firmware files on Samsung Galaxy devices using Odin to update your tablet.
5. After completing the installation process, disconnect your device from PC and reboot to experience all new Android Lollipop firmware.
Note: If your device stuck into boot animation or it enters into boot loop, then perform factory reset. Also perform factory reset for users installed Lollipop official firmware over custom ROM.
Do let us know in the below comment section in case you find difficulty in installing the firmware.