A quick guide to help you on how to backup and restore EFS data in Android using EFS Professional Tool
Earlier I posted what is EFS Data or EFS Partition or EFS folder is and also how it plays crucial role in our device’s connectivity and what happens if it is corrupted or damaged. If you want to know about EFS Data the go here and check its importance and cause of corruption. To avoid corruption of EFS data I’m posting a methods below, follow and implement it to backup and restore your EFS Data.
Backing up EFS data using a tool called EFS Professional:
This tool is easy to use and maintain, it is developed by XDA member, LiquidPerfection. It is developed in such a way that everyone can use it without any difficulty, and this makes it the easiest way to backup your EFS data. First of all make sure your device is rooted, if not rooted then root your device.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage occurred to your device. Proceed at your own risk!!!
Steps to use EFS Professional to Backup EFS Data:
- Download the EFS Professional tool from here to your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging in your device from Developers Options.
- Install appropriate USB drivers for your device on your PC.
- Connect your device to PC using original USB data cable.
- Run EFS Professional.exe as Administrator.
- Click on EFS Professional on the window which pops up.
- Now another window will open, once the device is detected, you will notice that your device’s model no and all other info is listed in Window.
- Click on Backup tab and then click on Device Filter and select your phone model. If you don’t see anything in Filter tab then click on Refresh.
- EFS Professional will now shows you some System Partitions where your info is located, click on Select All and click on Backup and your EFS data is stored on your Phone and PC. In PC the backup is stored in EFSProBackup inside EFS Professional Folder and it looks like this : “GT-xxxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxx.tar.gz”
How to restore EFS Data using EFS Professional Tool:
- Connect your device to PC using original Data cable.
- Run EFSProfessional.exe as Administrator.
- Now click on Restore Tab and select the backup file, which you want to restore.
- You can format the current corrupted EFS data easily.
- Click on Restore Button.
That’s it now you have learnt how to Backup and Restore EFS Data of your Android device using EFS Professional Tool. Do let us know in the comment section if you have any queries regarding this.