Samsung rolled out Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update to Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 (SM-T330, SM-T335) tablet straight from Android 4.4.2 skipping Android 4.4.4 and Android 5.0 versions. So, the users now can have hands-on with the latest operating system. With Android 5.1.1 installed on their devices, the users can see boost in performance, better battery, new UI and a tons of new features.
Currently the update is rolling out via OTA and Samsung Kies and might takes a while to hit your handset. If you are more concern about the update and wanted to get hands-on with Android 5.1.1 OS, then it’s possible with the help of Odin software. Do check out the below steps to manually update Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop official firmware.
- The guide is only for Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 WiFi (SM-T330) and LTE (SM-T335). Go to settings > system >about phone to confirm the model number.
- Take a complete backup of your tablet as the update wipe the data and install the fresh software.
- Backup EFS partition and enable USB debugging from settings.
- Charge your tablet to at least 70% or more and also download Samsung USB drivers for PC.
How to install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 SM-T330, SM-T335:
1. Download Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware on your PC.
2. Download and install Odin software on your PC.
3. Power off your Android tablet.
4. Now press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously to enter into download mode.
5. Next follow our detailed guide to flash firmware on Samsung Galaxy devices using the Odin software.
6. After completion of the installation of Android 5.1.1, disconnect the device from PC.
7. Power on the device to start using the latest Operating system.
So, that’s was the simple tutorial to flash Android 5.1.1 firmware on your Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 tablet. In case of any errors, do leave a comment. We will get back with most possible solution.