Sony Mobiles on Monday announced that Android 5.0 Lollipop update started rolling out to Xperia Z3 Dual, Z1, Z1 Compact and Z Ultra smartphones. Recently Sony Xperia Z2 and Z2 Tablet got the taste of Android Lollipop. Now it’s time for few other Z Series smartphone users to get the experience of Lollipop firmware. The other Sony devices to get the Lollipop treatment are Xperia C3 and Xperia T2 Ultra smartphones. Sony said that both the devices will get Lollipop Upgrade starting from next week.
The update brings new look notifications and lock screen and also adds feature of better storage control and customisation. So, wanted to know the detail changelog of Android 5.0 Lollipop update in Sony devices, then check out the below points.
Android 5.0 Lollipop update Changelog for Sony devices
- Fresh, streamlined looks – based on Google’s material design, but retaining our minimalistic approach to interface and application design.
- New look notifications and lock screen – with fully customizable settings, so you only get the information you really need.
- Multi user profiles and guest mode – making it easy for family and friends to use your device, or the creation of dual environments for work and play.
- Android for Work – not only are business-ready Xperia smartphones and tablets unique devices for work – with waterproof form factors, great battery life and productivity features – they will now also be part of the Android for Work ecosystem.
- Better storage control and customisation – with the option to easily move applications from internal memory to SD card – giving you more control over your content, particularly useful for devices with slightly less space.
Sony Mobiles also promised to roll Lollipop for other Z series smartphones, which adds Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z. The update might take few weeks to rolled out and vary across different carriers and countries all over the world.