Amazon has launched new Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 tablet. The device comes with same 8.9-inch display and is powered with 2.5GHz Snapdragon 805 processor. Amazon also announced Kindle Fire HD 6 and new Kindle Fire HD 7 tablets.
The new Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 sports a 8.9-inch display with 2560 x 1600 pixels screen resolutions and 339 ppi. It runs on new Fire OS 4.0 Sangria based on Android 4.4 (KitKat). It is equipped with a 8 MP rear camera with 5P f/2.2 lens and a front facing 720p HD camera.
The tablet is coupled with 2 GB RAM and comes in 16GB/ 32GB/ 64GB variant. It is powered with 2.5GHz Quad-core Snapdragon 805 CPU with Adreno 420 GPU. The wireless connectivity of the device includes 4G LTE / HSPA+, Wi-Fi Dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi (MIMO+HT40), Bluetooth with A2DP and SlimPort enabled USB 2.0.
Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Specifications:
- 8.9-inch display at 339 ppi, over 400 nits brightness
- 2560 x 1600 pixels screen resolutions
- 2.5GHz Quad-core Snapdragon 805 CPU with Adreno 420 GPU
- Dimensions – 231 x 158 x 7.8 mm, Weight – 375 grams (WiFi) and 359 grams (4G LTE + WiFi)
- 8-megapixles rear-facing camera with LED flash, wide-aperture 5P f/2.2, 1080p HD video recording
- Front-facing 720p HD camera
- 3.5 mm stereo jack, stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos
- 2GB of RAM
- 16GB (8.8GB available to user) / 32GB (25.6GB available to user), / 64 GB (54.3GB available to user) of internal storage
- 4G LTE / HSPA+, Wi-Fi Dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi (MIMO+HT40), Bluetooth with A2DP, SlimPort enabled USB 2.0
- Ambient light sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope, GPS with aGPS (4G)
- Battery Life of up to 12 hours of mixed use
Price and Availability:
The Amazon new Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 is priced at $379 for the 3G version and the 4G version or Verizon will be available starting at $529. The device is available for pre-order from Amazon in the US.